Revival

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Revival
Revival
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
» New vent server
Permissions|Spelling Fixes|Cleaner Theme EmptyWed Jul 13, 2011 5:30 pm by Guest

» Introduction - Spike
Permissions|Spelling Fixes|Cleaner Theme EmptyTue Jul 12, 2011 1:59 am by Pathfinder

» Match Tonight?
Permissions|Spelling Fixes|Cleaner Theme EmptyTue Feb 01, 2011 9:37 pm by Titus

» Wazzupness
Permissions|Spelling Fixes|Cleaner Theme EmptyTue Jan 25, 2011 5:29 am by DeadEye

» Permissions|Spelling Fixes|Cleaner Theme
Permissions|Spelling Fixes|Cleaner Theme EmptySat Jan 15, 2011 9:05 am by Axeman1963

» Hi everyone I'm eXtreme
Permissions|Spelling Fixes|Cleaner Theme EmptySat Jan 15, 2011 6:33 am by eXtreme

» TurKey on the job!
Permissions|Spelling Fixes|Cleaner Theme EmptyFri Jan 14, 2011 9:10 pm by Pathfinder

» Wanfest ctf
Permissions|Spelling Fixes|Cleaner Theme EmptyWed Jan 12, 2011 12:20 am by Guest

» Kicked at Jan 5 @ 10:32 AM
Permissions|Spelling Fixes|Cleaner Theme EmptySat Jan 08, 2011 10:38 am by Green

Server Contribution
Dear members,

If you wish it, you can support your forum/server by doing a donation, and become an actor of this forum/server.
All your donations will guarantee the continuity and the quality of the .reV.

Your administrator.

For .reV Server.

Permissions|Spelling Fixes|Cleaner Theme

+3
dankcitydan
Pathfinder
illuminati
7 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Permissions|Spelling Fixes|Cleaner Theme Empty Permissions|Spelling Fixes|Cleaner Theme

Post  illuminati Thu Nov 25, 2010 1:17 pm

Okay, so I have finally looked at everything on the website. I have a few suggestions and things that will most likely help you guys in the long run.

Permissions
All you guys have is "Moderator"
You guys should have more structure such as this
Administrator Moderator Tech and Member(s)
It will help structure things more and make the website look more professional.

There are spelling and grammar errors in the front page.

And maybe a cleaner theme that will help make things look smoother instead of the current theme that looks like it's 8-bit color.

illuminati

Back to top Go down

Permissions|Spelling Fixes|Cleaner Theme Empty Re: Permissions|Spelling Fixes|Cleaner Theme

Post  Pathfinder Thu Nov 25, 2010 7:39 pm

thanks for the suggestions illuminati,

I'm more than welcome to make any changes to improve the site since your part of us. Message me or talk in vent once we all get together again.

Pathfinder.
Pathfinder
Pathfinder
Admin
Admin

https://revival.canadian-forum.com

Back to top Go down

Permissions|Spelling Fixes|Cleaner Theme Empty Re: Permissions|Spelling Fixes|Cleaner Theme

Post  dankcitydan Thu Nov 25, 2010 7:45 pm

The problem is it's free, so we can do as much as possible. But there is still so many limitations.
dankcitydan
dankcitydan
Chief Master
Chief Master

Back to top Go down

Post  illuminati Thu Nov 25, 2010 7:49 pm

I believe this is a forumotion website. From what it looks like and there are plenty of free themes from them. Since I used them before.

illuminati

Back to top Go down

Post  Pathfinder Thu Nov 25, 2010 8:05 pm

the problem is that we kinda stuck on this forum. kinda tough to move when we all settled down here. but well c whats up. show us some other sites and well have the clan make the choice.

Pathfinder
Pathfinder
Pathfinder
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  illuminati Thu Nov 25, 2010 8:35 pm

No what I am trying to say is, I used forumotion before, many times actually. And there are plenty of themes that are free from forumotion. This forum is plenty fine. All we need to do it clean it up a bit and we are good!

illuminati

Back to top Go down

Post  dankcitydan Thu Nov 25, 2010 8:38 pm

I dunno how long its been since you've used these type of forums.... But out of the hundreds of pages of skins/themes they have. They pretty much all suck(yes i've practically looked at every theme/page of themes).
dankcitydan
dankcitydan
Chief Master
Chief Master

Back to top Go down

Post  illuminati Thu Nov 25, 2010 8:40 pm

Well, what you can do is change the way the forum looks by using a default theme and edit it to make it look better. That is what I have done in the past and it payed off well. If you need to to do it for you, I can. You could give me admin for a few minutes and make some adjustments. That is if you trust me at all.

illuminati

Back to top Go down

Post  Pathfinder Thu Nov 25, 2010 9:25 pm

yeah me and dan spent lots of time trying to look for a nice theme but this is what we finally settled down with.
However, i know ppl can make their own. I just dont have the tools and time for it. You're welcome to try and create a them for our clan. It'll be great! Cheers.

Pathfinder.
Pathfinder
Pathfinder
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  dankcitydan Thu Nov 25, 2010 9:29 pm

I'm way too lazy to come up with my own CSS, I'll get you set up with some admin rights later night or tomorrow, unless Path gets to it first, or has any reasons not to.
dankcitydan
dankcitydan
Chief Master
Chief Master

Back to top Go down

Post  illuminati Mon Nov 29, 2010 7:40 pm

Well know a little CSS, but not enough to make a full blown theme. I can make the old Myspace themes pretty easily but not anymore for I don't have a myspace and the new version fails.

illuminati

Back to top Go down

Post  illuminati Tue Nov 30, 2010 7:36 am

And another thing is, if you want to give me the power to setup the permissions, I can do that. Instead of it saying Moderator, it will say Administrator ect.

illuminati

Back to top Go down

Post  Pathfinder Tue Nov 30, 2010 8:28 am

i think it is fine man. you still can edit the forum and stuffs. But let me know if you need something. Ill try my best to help with.

Pathfinder
Pathfinder
Pathfinder
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  illuminati Tue Nov 30, 2010 2:43 pm

No, I actually can't edit anything at all. All I have is the red name, that's about it.

illuminati

Back to top Go down

Post  Pathfinder Tue Nov 30, 2010 8:14 pm

check again to see if you can login as an admin.
Pathfinder
Pathfinder
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  illuminati Tue Nov 30, 2010 8:32 pm

Yep, everything works. Thanks Path, I will get working on organizing a little for you.

illuminati

Back to top Go down

Post  illuminati Tue Nov 30, 2010 10:48 pm

If you guys didn't realize, this forum is phpbb2, we should upgrade to phobb3. Just saying.

illuminati

Back to top Go down

Post  dankcitydan Wed Dec 01, 2010 3:07 pm

Just changed it to phpbb3.
Have fun.
dankcitydan
dankcitydan
Chief Master
Chief Master

Back to top Go down

Post  illuminati Wed Dec 01, 2010 5:19 pm

Thank you. I can change some things with the theme by adding better buttons, getting better looks. So don't worry if you see that the theme looks like it came out of jesuses ass hole.

illuminati

Back to top Go down

Post  rookie Wed Dec 01, 2010 8:09 pm

maybe instead of technicians, we should have a "clan member" title instead.

Administrator, Moderator, Clan Member
rookie
rookie

Back to top Go down

Post  2EASY Wed Dec 01, 2010 8:32 pm

Nice.. I like the new looks ... cool. good job ..

now we just need to do something about my gaming skills...
2EASY
2EASY

Back to top Go down

Post  illuminati Wed Dec 01, 2010 9:10 pm

Yea, xD

illuminati

Back to top Go down

Post  DeadEye Thu Dec 02, 2010 12:06 am

2EASY wrote:Nice.. I like the new looks ... cool. good job ..

now we just need to do something about my gaming skills...

Nothing a couple drinks can't fix! And i agree the new forum looks are pretty good.

DeadEye
DeadEye

Back to top Go down

Post  illuminati Thu Dec 02, 2010 6:58 am

Thank you. I will be adding more things today. I should be done with the overhaul of the forum today or tomorrow.

illuminati

Back to top Go down

Post  Pathfinder Thu Dec 02, 2010 8:04 pm

yeah man everything is great! thanks to illuminati the new NOOB... lol jk jk
but yeah very good work man! i LOVE it. everything look so new i need to adjust to it hehe.

Pathfinder
Pathfinder
Pathfinder
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum